|
1 registered members (Edinburgh),
227
guests, and 4
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,717
Posts1,170,040
Members1,658
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: ]
#1099625
10/09/2010 13:10
10/09/2010 13:10
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
I checked the data sheet and the characteristic curve (number 3 is the coupe one ) shows more than 640kg/h at 4.75V. But don't know how accurate this is. HFM-2 Bosch Yes, you're right...it was a "printing error"  I read 4.57V not 4.75V...so about 700kg/h on that curve. (BTW, our MAF has a different code...it ends with .514) Anyway, even if the value could be correct, it's out of standard specs...do yo think it was intentional from Fiat working out of bounds ? Pi Z
Last edited by PiZ; 10/09/2010 13:10.
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: MarioCirillo]
#1099634
10/09/2010 13:27
10/09/2010 13:27
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
Ciao PiZ Software looks great  I will have to give it a try when its done! I would also be happy to publish a link to it on our club website - www.fiatcoupeclub.org - if you are interested send me a PM Grazie, Mario Ciao Mario, I'll be very glad to send you a copy of the sw...I think that language won't be a problem for you ! Regarding the link, I don't know if I will be able to give any support or regular updates to the software, as it is free and I work on it in my spare time (and having a young daughter...you know...  ) This is the reason why I decided to give it only to Fiat Coupé Passion Club members. Obviously, thinking that my sw is running also in UK would be a honour ! Pi Z
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: ]
#1099660
10/09/2010 14:15
10/09/2010 14:15
|
hapaman
Unregistered
|
hapaman
Unregistered
|
Yes, the coupe one ends with number 514, but it doesn't matter. The sensor element is always the same. It's only the housing which makes the difference. The 519 has the same housing
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: ]
#1099683
10/09/2010 14:45
10/09/2010 14:45
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
Yes, the coupe one ends with number 514, but it doesn't matter. The sensor element is always the same. It's only the housing which makes the difference. The 519 has the same housing Ok, thanks ! In fact, I was superimposing the data logged with my software on Bosch curve n. 3 and they match quite well 
Last edited by PiZ; 10/09/2010 14:46.
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: ]
#1100109
11/09/2010 15:33
11/09/2010 15:33
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
... Anyway, even if the value could be correct, it's out of standard specs...do yo think it was intentional from Fiat working out of bounds ? .... No answer ? Do you think that injection is mapped and ECU works in open loop at over 640kg/h ?
Last edited by PiZ; 11/09/2010 22:24.
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: Kayjey]
#1102077
15/09/2010 17:54
15/09/2010 17:54
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794 Berlin
barnacle
OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
|
OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
|
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: barnacle]
#1102262
15/09/2010 23:37
15/09/2010 23:37
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
Yes, 1.8 16V have Hitachi controllers. Post '98 models have an Hitachi MFI-104, while oldest ones have Hitachi MFI-018. They both have 132CV as far as I know... The two ecus have different comunication protocol. I am now working on post '98 MFI and it is quite tricky to break in, even if it should be a quasi-standard KWP2000 protocol. There is also a third version of Hitachi ECU for Euro3 models, but I think it was installed only on few final edition 1.8s... Thanks Neil, I'll ask your help if I can't work it out... For the screenshots: I will upload them again tomorrow Pi Z
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: barnacle]
#1102318
16/09/2010 07:33
16/09/2010 07:33
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
FIAP...Fix It Again PiZ  Now those  screenshots should pop up ! I've changed another server...hope it's the last one !  Pi Z
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: barnacle]
#1102390
16/09/2010 09:56
16/09/2010 09:56
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
Interesting... how do you deduce the pressure? An external sensor, or calculate it on the fly from load? It's a rough estimation based on load. I put it there for users that haven't a boost gauge... The istantaneous power calculation is based on speed derivative, weight and coast-down curve....and it works quite well. It can be fine tuned to the specific car. Also gear estimation, needed to compute power, works flawlessly... Pi Z
Last edited by PiZ; 16/09/2010 09:58.
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: Kayjey]
#1113350
08/10/2010 22:40
08/10/2010 22:40
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
PiZ
Unregistered
|
Hi Kayjey, I have seen your post only today !  I don't distribute the software outside the Club for many reasons. But, if you want a copy to try it, send me a PM....
Last edited by PiZ; 08/10/2010 22:40.
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: sugerbear]
#1113705
09/10/2010 22:11
09/10/2010 22:11
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794 Berlin
barnacle
OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
|
OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
|
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: sugerbear]
#1115028
13/10/2010 10:33
13/10/2010 10:33
|
poopcoop
Unregistered
|
poopcoop
Unregistered
|
hi im urgently in need of reading codes as my car wont start after a rebuild and is showing the injector light on the dash, but i cant seem to get startrek to work for me im having trouble getting the ftdi drivers to load for the lead i bought? xp doesnt recognise them as the correct ones for the lead, so ive opened the plug and the chip is marked ftdi ft232bl 729-1. im finding footnotes on the ftdi site about this and it says if the vid and pid dont match it wont recognise it, so i used usbview like it said and my lead seems to be vid 0x0403 and pid 0xFAD8. it says the driver files can be modified and it will work but i have no idea how to do this?  any help would be much appreciated, even if it means pointing me in the direction of another kkl lead on ebay that will definately work perhaps? thanks in advance 
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: barnacle]
#1115054
13/10/2010 12:06
13/10/2010 12:06
|
poopcoop
Unregistered
|
poopcoop
Unregistered
|
thanks, no drivers with the lead and the seller hasnt replied when i asked, so think ill have a quick look at the linux option first 
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: ]
#1115058
13/10/2010 12:16
13/10/2010 12:16
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705 Harpenden
sugerbear
Je suis un Coupé
|
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
|
thanks, no drivers with the lead and the seller hasnt replied when i asked, so think ill have a quick look at the linux option first pm me your email address and I will send you the drivers I have for my ones. It might just work. If not I will have some more leads available this week if you want a set add your name to the group buy. Cheers Rob.
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: sugerbear]
#1120906
26/10/2010 00:25
26/10/2010 00:25
|
WhizzMan
Unregistered
|
WhizzMan
Unregistered
|
It may be the easiest way to just by another KKL lead from another seller.
|
|
|
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt
[Re: sugerbear]
#1131650
17/11/2010 13:52
17/11/2010 13:52
|
rikki16vt
Unregistered
|
rikki16vt
Unregistered
|
If I short the K L connector on the micro-widget, would it work with 20vt star trek software on a 20vt?
|
|
|
|