Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Edinburgh, barchetta_ms), 197 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,715
Posts1,170,031
Members1,657
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,885
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: ] #1099625
10/09/2010 13:10
10/09/2010 13:10

P
PiZ
Unregistered
PiZ
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by hapaman
I checked the data sheet and the characteristic curve (number 3 is the coupe one ) shows more than 640kg/h at 4.75V. But don't know how accurate this is.

HFM-2 Bosch


Yes, you're right...it was a "printing error" smile
I read 4.57V not 4.75V...so about 700kg/h on that curve. (BTW, our MAF has a different code...it ends with .514)

Anyway, even if the value could be correct, it's out of standard specs...do yo think it was intentional from Fiat working out of bounds ?

PiZ

Last edited by PiZ; 10/09/2010 13:10.
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: MarioCirillo] #1099634
10/09/2010 13:27
10/09/2010 13:27

P
PiZ
Unregistered
PiZ
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by MarioCirillo
Ciao PiZ

Software looks great thumb I will have to give it a try when its done! I would also be happy to publish a link to it on our club website - www.fiatcoupeclub.org - if you are interested send me a PM

Grazie,

Mario


Ciao Mario,

I'll be very glad to send you a copy of the sw...I think that language won't be a problem for you ! smile
Regarding the link, I don't know if I will be able to give any support or regular updates to the software, as it is free and I work on it in my spare time (and having a young daughter...you know... crazy )
This is the reason why I decided to give it only to Fiat Coupé Passion Club members.

Obviously, thinking that my sw is running also in UK would be a honour ! cool

PiZ

Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: ] #1099660
10/09/2010 14:15
10/09/2010 14:15

H
hapaman
Unregistered
hapaman
Unregistered
H



Yes, the coupe one ends with number 514, but it doesn't matter. The sensor element is always the same. It's only the housing which makes the difference. The 519 has the same housing

Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: ] #1099683
10/09/2010 14:45
10/09/2010 14:45

P
PiZ
Unregistered
PiZ
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by hapaman
Yes, the coupe one ends with number 514, but it doesn't matter. The sensor element is always the same. It's only the housing which makes the difference. The 519 has the same housing


Ok, thanks !

In fact, I was superimposing the data logged with my software on Bosch curve n. 3 and they match quite well thumb

Last edited by PiZ; 10/09/2010 14:46.
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: ] #1100109
11/09/2010 15:33
11/09/2010 15:33

P
PiZ
Unregistered
PiZ
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by PiZ
...
Anyway, even if the value could be correct, it's out of standard specs...do yo think it was intentional from Fiat working out of bounds ?
....


No answer ? frown
Do you think that injection is mapped and ECU works in open loop at over 640kg/h ? shocked

Last edited by PiZ; 11/09/2010 22:24.
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: ] #1101845
15/09/2010 12:49
15/09/2010 12:49
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
ECU works open loop at WOT. How much below that point it switches I don't know...

Don't forget peak air consumption is not at peak revs. Whether that's significant or not, I don't know.

Piz, I can't see your software - I think your screenshots went away! But at least someone else is working on this. There are guys dying to get testing for the 1.8 engine (Barchetta, 1.8 16v coupe) which uses the Hitachi controller, and I've got no chance to do one. If I can offer any advice please ask.

Neil


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: barnacle] #1101863
15/09/2010 13:04
15/09/2010 13:04
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
Kayjey Offline
Club Member #10
Kayjey  Offline
Club Member #10
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
Neil, didn't think the 1.8 Coupe had the hitachi controller. As far as I know, only the Barchetta and the Punto HGT have the Hitachi (but even then the configuration for the HGT is different).


- Kayjey -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: Kayjey] #1101870
15/09/2010 13:08
15/09/2010 13:08
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
Kayjey Offline
Club Member #10
Kayjey  Offline
Club Member #10
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
Hmmm... had a search through my documentation. Conflicting info. Some say Hitachi MFI-001, others say Bosch M2.10.4.

Should have dismantled the 1.8 SE I once got from Fiat. smile


- Kayjey -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: Kayjey] #1101967
15/09/2010 15:03
15/09/2010 15:03
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
My docs say Barchetta, Bravo/a, Delta, Tipo, Dedra, and Coupe - all 1.8 16v engines in either 115 or 132 bhp. There are several versions for some vehicles.

That's dated 1996. The Bosch unit is certainly in the middle four of those, but I've nothing linking it to the Barchetta or the Coupe (except 2.0).


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: barnacle] #1101969
15/09/2010 15:04
15/09/2010 15:04
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
Kayjey Offline
Club Member #10
Kayjey  Offline
Club Member #10
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
Coupe had 139 bhp?


- Kayjey -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: Kayjey] #1102077
15/09/2010 17:54
15/09/2010 17:54
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
That's what it says.


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: barnacle] #1102262
15/09/2010 23:37
15/09/2010 23:37

P
PiZ
Unregistered
PiZ
Unregistered
P



Yes, 1.8 16V have Hitachi controllers.
Post '98 models have an Hitachi MFI-104, while oldest ones have Hitachi MFI-018. They both have 132CV as far as I know...

The two ecus have different comunication protocol. I am now working on post '98 MFI and it is quite tricky to break in, even if it should be a quasi-standard KWP2000 protocol.

There is also a third version of Hitachi ECU for Euro3 models, but I think it was installed only on few final edition 1.8s...

Thanks Neil, I'll ask your help if I can't work it out...
For the screenshots: I will upload them again tomorrow crazy

PiZ

Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: barnacle] #1102318
16/09/2010 07:33
16/09/2010 07:33

P
PiZ
Unregistered
PiZ
Unregistered
P



FIAP...Fix It Again PiZ rotate

Now those sick screenshots should pop up ! I've changed another server...hope it's the last one ! laugh

PiZ

Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: ] #1102328
16/09/2010 08:03
16/09/2010 08:03
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
Interesting... how do you deduce the pressure? An external sensor, or calculate it on the fly from load?


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: barnacle] #1102390
16/09/2010 09:56
16/09/2010 09:56

P
PiZ
Unregistered
PiZ
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by barnacle
Interesting... how do you deduce the pressure? An external sensor, or calculate it on the fly from load?


It's a rough estimation based on load. thumb
I put it there for users that haven't a boost gauge...
The istantaneous power calculation is based on speed derivative, weight and coast-down curve....and it works quite well. It can be fine tuned to the specific car.
Also gear estimation, needed to compute power, works flawlessly...

PiZ

Last edited by PiZ; 16/09/2010 09:58.
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: ] #1106100
23/09/2010 16:05
23/09/2010 16:05
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
Kayjey Offline
Club Member #10
Kayjey  Offline
Club Member #10
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
PiZ, do you have the software available somewhere?


- Kayjey -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: Kayjey] #1113350
08/10/2010 22:40
08/10/2010 22:40

P
PiZ
Unregistered
PiZ
Unregistered
P



Hi Kayjey,

I have seen your post only today ! banghead

I don't distribute the software outside the Club for many reasons. But, if you want a copy to try it, send me a PM.... wink

Last edited by PiZ; 08/10/2010 22:40.
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: ] #1113364
08/10/2010 23:13
08/10/2010 23:13
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
Guess what I heard today - it seems that if you have two copies of Startrek 16vt running, you can talk to a Ferrari F40...


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: barnacle] #1113386
09/10/2010 00:17
09/10/2010 00:17
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
Kayjey Offline
Club Member #10
Kayjey  Offline
Club Member #10
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 9,737
Zele, Belgium
Does it talk back though? smile


- Kayjey -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: Kayjey] #1113400
09/10/2010 06:06
09/10/2010 06:06
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
So I am led to believe. Seems it uses the same ECU, one for each bank of the V8.


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: barnacle] #1113694
09/10/2010 21:44
09/10/2010 21:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
S
sugerbear Offline
Je suis un Coupé
sugerbear  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
S

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
Is it April the 1st ?


How to make a startrek widget cable >> http://tinyurl.com/dyje6fy
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: sugerbear] #1113705
09/10/2010 22:11
09/10/2010 22:11
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: barnacle] #1113837
10/10/2010 12:35
10/10/2010 12:35
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
S
sugerbear Offline
Je suis un Coupé
sugerbear  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
S

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
So if I buy two 16vt and weld them together I can have a cheap F40 !!



How to make a startrek widget cable >> http://tinyurl.com/dyje6fy
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: sugerbear] #1115028
13/10/2010 10:33
13/10/2010 10:33

P
poopcoop
Unregistered
poopcoop
Unregistered
P



hi im urgently in need of reading codes as my car wont start after a rebuild and is showing the injector light on the dash, but i cant seem to get startrek to work for me frown

im having trouble getting the ftdi drivers to load for the lead i bought? xp doesnt recognise them as the correct ones for the lead, so ive opened the plug and the chip is marked ftdi ft232bl 729-1. im finding footnotes on the ftdi site about this and it says if the vid and pid dont match it wont recognise it, so i used usbview like it said and my lead seems to be vid 0x0403 and pid 0xFAD8. it says the driver files can be modified and it will work but i have no idea how to do this? sick any help would be much appreciated, even if it means pointing me in the direction of another kkl lead on ebay that will definately work perhaps? thanks in advance smile

Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: ] #1115047
13/10/2010 11:46
13/10/2010 11:46
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
barnacle Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline OP
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,794
Berlin
Sadly I've never had this issue - were there any drivers that came with the lead? There's sometimes a tiny disc in there, and I'd expect that to work. I've no idea how you'd modify the driver files...

If that fails, Sugerbear on here has lead kits for sale, I believe.

Worst case - but probably a bit far for most people - is to download a convenient linux and run it under wine. It's a little fiddly to set up but there are instructions in the FAQ section on the microwidget, IIRC.


[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: barnacle] #1115054
13/10/2010 12:06
13/10/2010 12:06

P
poopcoop
Unregistered
poopcoop
Unregistered
P



thanks, no drivers with the lead and the seller hasnt replied when i asked, so think ill have a quick look at the linux option first smile

Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: ] #1115058
13/10/2010 12:16
13/10/2010 12:16
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
S
sugerbear Offline
Je suis un Coupé
sugerbear  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
S

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
Originally Posted by poopcoop
thanks, no drivers with the lead and the seller hasnt replied when i asked, so think ill have a quick look at the linux option first smile


pm me your email address and I will send you the drivers I have for my ones. It might just work.

If not I will have some more leads available this week if you want a set add your name to the group buy.

Cheers

Rob.


How to make a startrek widget cable >> http://tinyurl.com/dyje6fy
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: sugerbear] #1120906
26/10/2010 00:25
26/10/2010 00:25

W
WhizzMan
Unregistered
WhizzMan
Unregistered
W



It may be the easiest way to just by another KKL lead from another seller.

Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: ] #1121186
26/10/2010 15:14
26/10/2010 15:14
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
S
sugerbear Offline
Je suis un Coupé
sugerbear  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
S

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
Originally Posted by WhizzMan
It may be the easiest way to just by another KKL lead from another seller.


Or you can buy them from me knowing they work and including all the software for the 16v , 16vt , 20v and 20vt wink


How to make a startrek widget cable >> http://tinyurl.com/dyje6fy
Re: Announcing: Star Trek for 20v/vt [Re: sugerbear] #1131650
17/11/2010 13:52
17/11/2010 13:52

R
rikki16vt
Unregistered
rikki16vt
Unregistered
R



If I short the K L connector on the micro-widget, would it work with 20vt star trek software on a 20vt?

Page 9 of 12 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11 12

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.027s Queries: 15 (0.016s) Memory: 0.7460 MB (Peak: 0.9791 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-09-30 13:05:17 UTC