|
2 registered members (Misterchoos, Edinburgh),
913
guests, and 5
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,140
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Headgasket
#1537684
12/05/2015 09:23
12/05/2015 09:23
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
OP
ex El Presidente
|
OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
With the head almost finished being rebuilt by GC, I need to get myself a new head gasket. Previously I had been using the Spesso with separate fire rings, but it seems this doesn't exist anymore (spoken to the UK agent) so my choices are somewhat limited now. I know there is Cometic, but I can't remember if I read on a different forum that someone had a problem with it and I'd rather not be bitten again by this bloody engine 
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
Re: Headgasket
[Re: Begbie]
#1537701
12/05/2015 11:39
12/05/2015 11:39
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
OP
ex El Presidente
|
OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
You don't obviously read coupe chat then linkyNo block or head machining for the fire ring, the Spesso gasket is crush type ring. GC commented that he only needed to take 0.006" off the head to clear the ring marks.
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
Re: Headgasket
[Re: Begbie]
#1537867
13/05/2015 21:09
13/05/2015 21:09
|
PhoB
Unregistered
|
PhoB
Unregistered
|
I didnt have problem with Cometic on medium modified 16vt, but have on cosworth engine. Then we deeper inspect in headgasket design. And i will never use cometic again, it simply cannot work on hi-power application(say 500bhp+ on 2ltr 4cyl). But hold more than OEM 16vt gasket, yes.
Also uk deltaparts sells 1.9mm version as stock thickness, which is bit confusing as oem is 1.6-1.7mm (=you will lost little bit of power just by this replacement)
|
|
|
Re: Headgasket
[Re: Begbie]
#1570951
24/04/2016 23:19
24/04/2016 23:19
|
crgracing
Unregistered
|
crgracing
Unregistered
|
Begbie did you manage to find the spesso gasket? Ill be needing one soon and can't find then either
|
|
|
Re: Headgasket
[Re: Begbie]
#1571011
25/04/2016 12:44
25/04/2016 12:44
|
crgracing
Unregistered
|
crgracing
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: Headgasket
[Re: ]
#1571947
01/05/2016 22:58
01/05/2016 22:58
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
Just for reference, Spesso have started supply of the "rings" gasket" again after a break of a few years, so drop me an email (trevor@nyssa.ltd.uk) when you need one
|
|
|
Re: Headgasket
[Re: Begbie]
#1578570
27/06/2016 16:35
27/06/2016 16:35
|
crgracing
Unregistered
|
crgracing
Unregistered
|
Thanks Nyssa. Purchsed one a few days ago. Ive got your email as ill possibly will be needing one in the next few months.
Thanks!
|
|
|
|