Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 740 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,107
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565030
01/03/2016 23:31
01/03/2016 23:31
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,612
S. Wales. Way beyond my means
Gripped Offline
Club member 1924
Gripped  Offline
Club member 1924
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,612
S. Wales. Way beyond my means
Not a huge fan of sprint blue. It reminds me of 1980's Austin Rovers or Fords.

Not keen on black either. Doesn't really show off the lines. I think the lighter colours tend to suit the coupe more in general... though I prefer the darker red and darker blue.

Porto I like... was my first Coupe.
Green I like, but the Mrs won't go in a green car.
Like silver and all the grey/primers.
Yellow I like, but am too introvert to own one !

In other words, I like Coupes.

Last edited by Gripped; 01/03/2016 23:33.
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: Brilly1uk] #1565040
02/03/2016 01:22
02/03/2016 01:22

J
JKD
Unregistered
JKD
Unregistered
J



Originally Posted by Brilly1uk
Reading this thread and peoples varying opinions is quite interesting and has me thinking of other related questions?

1. What OTHER colour should Fiat have made the Coupe available in, if you could choose any colour at all from the same era?

2. If you were fully restoring a car and perhaps felt unsure about the original colour, then having eventually got to the respray stage, would you stick to the original colour, no matter what or venture out into something unique but hopefully still tasteful?

3. Would a restored car in any colour other than its original be "undesirable" to forum "buyers"?


1. Chrome Orange from the Lotus Elise S1 (produced from 1996 to 2001, so around the same time as the Coop)

2. This question reminds me of this Lotus Esprit restoration video. Personally, I'd go for the unique and tasteful option.

3. Assuming the restoration was of excellent quality and the colour was one that actually appealed to the person looking at it, then...
A) if that person was a Coop purist they would probably 'appreciate it' at best
B) if they were a non purist they would probably desire it.

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565052
02/03/2016 06:53
02/03/2016 06:53

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Silver's always done it for me. Really like the colour on the car, I know it's a common colour for ALL cars. But silver, that's popping from being well looked after in the polish and wax department, for me, looks great. Contrasts the interior well too.

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565057
02/03/2016 08:20
02/03/2016 08:20

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



I'd like to see a coupé in a couple of these Citroen/Renault colours of late, don't know what they're described as but they're stunning colours especially the red and blue

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565070
02/03/2016 09:39
02/03/2016 09:39
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
Clintos Offline
Enjoying the ride
Clintos  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
Did the pearl white coupe ever make it to mainland UK and does it come in RHD?


Boooooooooost!!!
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565071
02/03/2016 09:45
02/03/2016 09:45

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Yes it did, Motormech service one of them I know of

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565072
02/03/2016 09:56
02/03/2016 09:56
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
Clintos Offline
Enjoying the ride
Clintos  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
What guise did it come in Phil? 20VT, plus or LE?

Last edited by Clintos; 02/03/2016 15:10.

Boooooooooost!!!
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565073
02/03/2016 10:03
02/03/2016 10:03

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



I think, I think it was a Plus, but not positive about that. Just remember seeing it and thinking love Someone will confirm I am sure....

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565077
02/03/2016 10:50
02/03/2016 10:50

L
LE365
Unregistered
LE365
Unregistered
L



Azzurro Achille (AR 156 intro color) would be sweet on the Coupé I think. Maybe some red leather for additional happiness (for me laugh )

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565079
02/03/2016 11:08
02/03/2016 11:08
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Originally Posted by patch234
I think, I think it was a Plus, but not positive about that. Just remember seeing it and thinking love Someone will confirm I am sure....


50x new Pearl white Plus models were exported and stored in Malaysia a few years ago, it was discussed as a myth many times on here for years until owners started coming forward saying hello.

Nice but must be a nightmare to keep clean.

click to enlarge

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565083
02/03/2016 12:00
02/03/2016 12:00
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
Clintos Offline
Enjoying the ride
Clintos  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
I wonder if anyone from the UK imported one and on the forum? confused


Boooooooooost!!!
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565123
02/03/2016 14:58
02/03/2016 14:58
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
dante giacosa Offline
My life on the forum
dante giacosa  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,945
Going North on the A9
Have you got an image of that, on a car, Clintos...?


Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: dante giacosa] #1565127
02/03/2016 15:09
02/03/2016 15:09
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
Clintos Offline
Enjoying the ride
Clintos  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
Originally Posted by dante giacosa
Have you got an image of that, on a car, Clintos...?



what, the pearl white colour?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Fiat-Coupe-1999/SSE-AD-697928/


Boooooooooost!!!
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: Countrycruising] #1565130
02/03/2016 15:16
02/03/2016 15:16

P
Pondman
Unregistered
Pondman
Unregistered
P



Nice but must be a nightmare to keep clean.

click to enlarge

I think I could put up with the agro for one of those Joe wink

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565134
02/03/2016 15:24
02/03/2016 15:24
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Originally Posted by Pondman
Nice but must be a nightmare to keep clean.

click to enlarge

I think I could put up with the agro for one of those Joe wink


Would you hang up your slippers to come back to coupé ownership Ross? wink

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: Countrycruising] #1565150
02/03/2016 18:31
02/03/2016 18:31

P
Pondman
Unregistered
Pondman
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by Countrycruising
Originally Posted by Pondman
Nice but must be a nightmare to keep clean.
click to enlarge
I think I could put up with the agro for one of those Joe wink

Would you hang up your slippers to come back to coupé ownership Ross? wink

If I was offered one of these at a reasonable price...... maybe, just maybe, Joe wink

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565152
02/03/2016 18:39
02/03/2016 18:39
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Originally Posted by Pondman
Originally Posted by Countrycruising
Originally Posted by Pondman
Nice but must be a nightmare to keep clean.
click to enlarge
I think I could put up with the agro for one of those Joe wink

Would you hang up your slippers to come back to coupé ownership Ross? wink

If i was offered one of these at a reasonable price...... maybe, just maybe, Joe wink


Nice to know thumb

I'd give up on of my Vinci LE's to make room for a Pearl white Plus, would make an nice addition to the collection smile

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565153
02/03/2016 18:49
02/03/2016 18:49

L
LE365
Unregistered
LE365
Unregistered
L



There is one for sale Joe in Australia.. I thought it was 29k Aussie dollars..

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/1999-Fiat-Coupe-No-Badge-No-Series/SSE-AD-697928

And here she is!

Last edited by LE365; 02/03/2016 18:51.
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565159
02/03/2016 19:21
02/03/2016 19:21

P
Pondman
Unregistered
Pondman
Unregistered
P



DON'T! like those Maserati style alloys though hurl

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565165
02/03/2016 19:49
02/03/2016 19:49
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Originally Posted by LE365
There is one for sale Joe in Australia.. I thought it was 29k Aussie dollars..

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/1999-Fiat-Coupe-No-Badge-No-Series/SSE-AD-697928

And here she is!


I'm with Ross on this one Rico, those wheels are horrid! sick

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565168
02/03/2016 20:33
02/03/2016 20:33

P
Pondman
Unregistered
Pondman
Unregistered
P



Makes a change for us to agree on alloy wheel design Joe wink

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565170
02/03/2016 21:05
02/03/2016 21:05
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising Offline
Club member 914
Countrycruising  Offline
Club member 914
Forum veteran

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
I like the Claw design, on anything other then a coupe wink

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565177
03/03/2016 00:18
03/03/2016 00:18
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,915
Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
DaveG  Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,915
Lightwater, Surrey
I don't think those Maser wheels look that bad, remind me a bit of a Lancia style wheel, and similar-ish to the wheels on my SpiderEuropa


1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus
2008 Ferrari F430 & 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565178
03/03/2016 01:46
03/03/2016 01:46

L
LE365
Unregistered
LE365
Unregistered
L



I don't like it neither Joe, but it seems to me it comes with the original Plus wheels. Those aftermarket junk is a 5 hole wheel too...

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565183
03/03/2016 04:19
03/03/2016 04:19
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
Clintos Offline
Enjoying the ride
Clintos  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
Originally Posted by LE365
There is one for sale Joe in Australia.. I thought it was 29k Aussie dollars..

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/1999-Fiat-Coupe-No-Badge-No-Series/SSE-AD-697928

And here she is!


Already posted that one lol. How much to ship back to the UK I wonder...... chinny

Originally Posted by Clintos
Originally Posted by dante giacosa
Have you got an image of that, on a car, Clintos...?



what, the pearl white colour?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Fiat-Coupe-1999/SSE-AD-697928/


Boooooooooost!!!
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565190
03/03/2016 09:16
03/03/2016 09:16

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



This'll get the old mouth moist... Right hand drive

click to enlarge

Last edited by patch234; 03/03/2016 09:17.
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565193
03/03/2016 09:28
03/03/2016 09:28

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by patch234
This'll get the old mouth moist... Right hand drive

click to enlarge


That's glorious and would soooo match my missus's GT86 love

Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565642
07/03/2016 02:27
07/03/2016 02:27
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,117
Berkshire
AnnieMac Offline
Enjoying the ride
AnnieMac  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,117
Berkshire
I have an Alfa 156 which is light blue metallic and I think the Coupe would look good in that colour. If I got mine resprayed I would want it to look as original as possible. I am also not keen on coloured wheels of any kind, even black. I like the original steel colour.


[Linked Image]
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper: [Re: ] #1565643
07/03/2016 02:32
07/03/2016 02:32
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,117
Berkshire
AnnieMac Offline
Enjoying the ride
AnnieMac  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,117
Berkshire
To be honest if I was looking for another Coupe and I found a solid one with good history and low mileage, I don't think I would mind what colour it was.


[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.7320 MB (Peak: 0.9638 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 21:26:53 UTC