|
1 registered members (1 invisible),
639
guests, and 8
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,107
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565030
01/03/2016 23:31
01/03/2016 23:31
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,612 S. Wales. Way beyond my means
Gripped
Club member 1924
|
Club member 1924
Forum is my job
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,612
S. Wales. Way beyond my means
|
Not a huge fan of sprint blue. It reminds me of 1980's Austin Rovers or Fords.
Not keen on black either. Doesn't really show off the lines. I think the lighter colours tend to suit the coupe more in general... though I prefer the darker red and darker blue.
Porto I like... was my first Coupe. Green I like, but the Mrs won't go in a green car. Like silver and all the grey/primers. Yellow I like, but am too introvert to own one !
In other words, I like Coupes.
Last edited by Gripped; 01/03/2016 23:33.
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: Brilly1uk]
#1565040
02/03/2016 01:22
02/03/2016 01:22
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
Reading this thread and peoples varying opinions is quite interesting and has me thinking of other related questions?
1. What OTHER colour should Fiat have made the Coupe available in, if you could choose any colour at all from the same era?
2. If you were fully restoring a car and perhaps felt unsure about the original colour, then having eventually got to the respray stage, would you stick to the original colour, no matter what or venture out into something unique but hopefully still tasteful?
3. Would a restored car in any colour other than its original be "undesirable" to forum "buyers"? 1. Chrome Orange from the Lotus Elise S1 (produced from 1996 to 2001, so around the same time as the Coop) 2. This question reminds me of this Lotus Esprit restoration video. Personally, I'd go for the unique and tasteful option. 3. Assuming the restoration was of excellent quality and the colour was one that actually appealed to the person looking at it, then... A) if that person was a Coop purist they would probably 'appreciate it' at best B) if they were a non purist they would probably desire it.
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565052
02/03/2016 06:53
02/03/2016 06:53
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
Silver's always done it for me. Really like the colour on the car, I know it's a common colour for ALL cars. But silver, that's popping from being well looked after in the polish and wax department, for me, looks great. Contrasts the interior well too.
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565057
02/03/2016 08:20
02/03/2016 08:20
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
I'd like to see a coupé in a couple of these Citroen/Renault colours of late, don't know what they're described as but they're stunning colours especially the red and blue
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565070
02/03/2016 09:39
02/03/2016 09:39
|
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649 UK
Clintos
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
|
Did the pearl white coupe ever make it to mainland UK and does it come in RHD?
Boooooooooost!!!
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565071
02/03/2016 09:45
02/03/2016 09:45
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
Yes it did, Motormech service one of them I know of
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565072
02/03/2016 09:56
02/03/2016 09:56
|
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649 UK
Clintos
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 649
UK
|
What guise did it come in Phil? 20VT, plus or LE?
Last edited by Clintos; 02/03/2016 15:10.
Boooooooooost!!!
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565073
02/03/2016 10:03
02/03/2016 10:03
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
I think, I think it was a Plus, but not positive about that. Just remember seeing it and thinking  Someone will confirm I am sure....
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565077
02/03/2016 10:50
02/03/2016 10:50
|
LE365
Unregistered
|
LE365
Unregistered
|
Azzurro Achille (AR 156 intro color) would be sweet on the Coupé I think. Maybe some red leather for additional happiness (for me  )
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565079
02/03/2016 11:08
02/03/2016 11:08
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313 FCSS 01684 593187
Countrycruising
Club member 914
|
Club member 914
Forum veteran
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,313
FCSS 01684 593187
|
I think, I think it was a Plus, but not positive about that. Just remember seeing it and thinking  Someone will confirm I am sure.... 50x new Pearl white Plus models were exported and stored in Malaysia a few years ago, it was discussed as a myth many times on here for years until owners started coming forward saying hello. Nice but must be a nightmare to keep clean.
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: Countrycruising]
#1565130
02/03/2016 15:16
02/03/2016 15:16
|
Pondman
Unregistered
|
Pondman
Unregistered
|
Nice but must be a nightmare to keep clean. I think I could put up with the agro for one of those Joe 
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: Countrycruising]
#1565150
02/03/2016 18:31
02/03/2016 18:31
|
Pondman
Unregistered
|
Pondman
Unregistered
|
Nice but must be a nightmare to keep clean. I think I could put up with the agro for one of those Joe  Would you hang up your slippers to come back to coupé ownership Ross? If I was offered one of these at a reasonable price...... maybe, just maybe, Joe 
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565159
02/03/2016 19:21
02/03/2016 19:21
|
Pondman
Unregistered
|
Pondman
Unregistered
|
DON'T! like those Maserati style alloys though
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565168
02/03/2016 20:33
02/03/2016 20:33
|
Pondman
Unregistered
|
Pondman
Unregistered
|
Makes a change for us to agree on alloy wheel design Joe 
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565177
03/03/2016 00:18
03/03/2016 00:18
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,915 Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG
Club Treasurer Member 311
|
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,915
Lightwater, Surrey
|
I don't think those Maser wheels look that bad, remind me a bit of a Lancia style wheel, and similar-ish to the wheels on my SpiderEuropa
1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus 2008 Ferrari F430 & 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565178
03/03/2016 01:46
03/03/2016 01:46
|
LE365
Unregistered
|
LE365
Unregistered
|
I don't like it neither Joe, but it seems to me it comes with the original Plus wheels. Those aftermarket junk is a 5 hole wheel too...
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565190
03/03/2016 09:16
03/03/2016 09:16
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
This'll get the old mouth moist... Right hand drive
Last edited by patch234; 03/03/2016 09:17.
|
|
|
Re: Least favourite coloured coupe :paper:
[Re: ]
#1565193
03/03/2016 09:28
03/03/2016 09:28
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
This'll get the old mouth moist... Right hand drive That's glorious and would soooo match my missus's GT86 
|
|
|
|