Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (d4nb), 563 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,720
Posts1,170,076
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,896
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Second Coming #1680484
Yesterday at 12:12
Yesterday at 12:12
Joined: Sep 2026
Posts: 4
Aberdeen
M
Misterchoos Offline OP
Newbie
Misterchoos  Offline OP
Newbie
M

Joined: Sep 2026
Posts: 4
Aberdeen
Hello All

I used 20 own a portofino blue 20V in the previous millenium. Since then, I have been saddled with many a "sensible" car due to those pesky kids. I have missed that car ever since.

To my utter shock and delight, my wife sneakily bought be a 20V turbo for my birthday last month. It is in much better shape than I would have thought for it's age. A few small things, but nothing catastrophic.

Once my club membership goes through, I hope I don't annoy you with questions.

Re: Second Coming [Re: Misterchoos] #1680485
Yesterday at 12:40
Yesterday at 12:40
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 726
Bulgaria
french_coupe Offline
Club member 773
french_coupe  Offline
Club member 773
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 726
Bulgaria
Fantastic. What a great present.


lost in space
Re: Second Coming [Re: Misterchoos] #1680486
Yesterday at 17:36
Yesterday at 17:36
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,896
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,896
Auld Reekie
Good to have another Scootish oops sorry, Scottish owner!

Last edited by Edinburgh; Yesterday at 22:33.

BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Second Coming [Re: Misterchoos] #1680487
Yesterday at 18:00
Yesterday at 18:00
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,745
N.E Scotland
mattB Offline
Club member 6
mattB  Offline
Club member 6
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,745
N.E Scotland
wave


Death-rattle-tastic
Re: Second Coming [Re: french_coupe] #1680488
Yesterday at 19:12
Yesterday at 19:12
Joined: Sep 2026
Posts: 4
Aberdeen
M
Misterchoos Offline OP
Newbie
Misterchoos  Offline OP
Newbie
M

Joined: Sep 2026
Posts: 4
Aberdeen
Originally Posted by french_coupe
Fantastic. What a great present.


I know! I was only expecting socks and a card

Re: Second Coming [Re: Misterchoos] #1680489
Yesterday at 20:24
Yesterday at 20:24
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,166
Cleveland
P
PaulL Online yippee
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
PaulL  Online Yippee
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
Enjoying the ride
P

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,166
Cleveland
Brilliant present.

Do annoy us with questions, I bet that there are loads of people with similar issues.

Paul

Re: Second Coming [Re: Misterchoos] #1680491
16 hours ago
16 hours ago
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 414
East Sussex
ikon Offline
Club member 7265
ikon  Offline
Club member 7265
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 414
East Sussex
Welcome Misterchoos


[Linked Image]
Re: Second Coming [Re: Edinburgh] #1680496
10 hours ago
10 hours ago
Joined: Sep 2026
Posts: 4
Aberdeen
M
Misterchoos Offline OP
Newbie
Misterchoos  Offline OP
Newbie
M

Joined: Sep 2026
Posts: 4
Aberdeen
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Good to have another Scootish oops sorry, Scottish owner!


I think you were right the first time laugh

Do you happen to know of any good Coupe garages between Edinburgh and Aberdeen?

Re: Second Coming [Re: Misterchoos] #1680497
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
Joined: Sep 2026
Posts: 4
Aberdeen
M
Misterchoos Offline OP
Newbie
Misterchoos  Offline OP
Newbie
M

Joined: Sep 2026
Posts: 4
Aberdeen
Thanks for the welcome everybody. There are a few things that need some work and I will be trawling here for answers before asking for help but here is a list of what I've found so far. I can hopefully do a lot of the work myself despite being a car muppet.

Mechanical stuff:
Washer pump not working
Oil temp gauge always at minimum
Oil pressure gauge always at 3bar
Coolant gauge barely moves
Power steering heavy at low speeds but normal feeling when driving
A kind of thunk feeling when you take your foot of the throttle at highish revs

Cosmetic
Dent on bonnet nose
Small stone chip
Surface rust in a few places inside the engine bay
Camshaft cover paint peeling
Bodywork paint not as vibrant as it should be
Bonnet and boot badges badly faded (these are really the only things that make the car look its age from the outside)
Driver's seat a little worn
Hazard warning button gone pink.
A strip of fake leather underneath the handbarake on the centre console. I don't know if it's hiding a anything. I can't feel a hole through it but it could be a crack.

What came with it
A spare alloy
Car cover
Two new black metal things. Not sure what they are. About 2ft long U sections. They don't look to be especially strong so I don't think they are major structural parts. Possibly in the engine bay?
And bizarrely, a bottle of fret oil. I don't think this is Coupe related, but you never know.

Re: Second Coming [Re: Misterchoos] #1680500
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,896
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,896
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Misterchoos
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Good to have another Scootish oops sorry, Scottish owner!


I think you were right the first time laugh

Do you happen to know of any good Coupe garages between Edinburgh and Aberdeen?


Edinburgh-based, but McLennans of Loanhead and AC Engineering, Hallyards Farm, Kirkliston.


BumbleBee carer smile

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6380 MB (Peak: 0.7346 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-06 22:24:37 UTC