|
0 registered members (),
893
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,112
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: Theresa]
#492809
27/11/2007 20:32
27/11/2007 20:32
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
'New' Coupe spot! Has anyone else seen this one?  Early 16v Turbo - dark metallic blue - N**PJD(?) - on the A55 this morning joining in Colwyn Bay & exiting to Rhyl. Anyone on here? A mature lady driving? Looked very clean & not trashed at all.  I was in the red Audi Estate desperately trying to get past! 
Last edited by mona20vturbo; 28/11/2007 01:23. Reason: Typo spotted
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#492854
27/11/2007 21:16
27/11/2007 21:16
|
mistressmania
Unregistered
|
mistressmania
Unregistered
|
Yeah I see this one nearly every day on my commute home. She's never aknowledged the flashes/beeps/waves I've inflicted on her over the months though 
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: cowboy]
#493064
28/11/2007 01:32
28/11/2007 01:32
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
Anyone on here? A mature lady driving? Looked very clean & not trashed at all.  mona i hope she dont ever join the club and see this post about her.lmao I was wondering how to put that in a way that wouldn't offend!  She was quite a bit older than me put it that way! I take it from Mistress' post that she isn't a forum member then, so can post freely that she needs to have better lane discipline, put it that way - I was late to work & she didn't help.  I looked over as I went past (eventually) in a (semi) friendly way & was surprised to see the age/gender of the driver - not your usual Coupe driver put it that way. She didn't look over - so I suspect that she was blanking me as she thought I might gesticulate in her direction! Either that, or she's a miserable cow!! (The latter I suspect according to the non-response to Mistress's attempts!)
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#496152
03/12/2007 22:29
03/12/2007 22:29
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
Having driven to the Cotswolds this weekend in a rare long distance trip in the Coupe - and not spotted a SINGLE other Coupe all trip, I saw one for sale in North Wales today!  I was on the way to Prestatyn with work & I spotted a yellow 20v Turbo for sale in Cars of Prestatyn on the end of the row of stock as an eye catcher! S plated model, with LE type skirts & front valance, and a rather large & vulgar boot spoiler. Stopped to take some photos, and it's pretty tidy (apart from the 'Kevin' accessories - including a dodgy turbo badge on the boot) - with a good spec. (air, black leather). Seems to have some history - mileage is in the 70k's, and it's up for £2995. The plate is S534DHT, and had a Clwyd Cars tax disc holder - but some of the history in the window suggests it's spent time in West Yorkshire. Anyone know it?  My missus made her debut behind the Coupe wheel last night (dark, very wet, approx. 275 bhp through the front wheels - perfect conditions!) for a quick blast & she now knows the score!  She says she wants a yellow car next - well, talk about a co-incidence, so we could be a Mr & Mrs Coupe soon!  She insisted on doing THREE tunnel runs in Caernarfon before I could go home!  And this is from a woman that has a Puma 1.7 as a daily driver (reasonable power & a sweet chassis/handler) plus an avid karter - so to impress her into considering one was no mean feat.  That's unless Pini-Statyn beats her to it & buys a local runner instead of resurrecting his!! 
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#496448
04/12/2007 07:39
04/12/2007 07:39
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347 North Wales
Theresa
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
|
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
|
R??? MAP Porto parked in the car park outside A&E at the local hospital at midnight tonight. Could well be staff and I've never had to park in that bit before, so have never noticed it. If it's staff, the owner has probably had a surprise to turn up in his/her usual spot and seen mine parked a couple of spaces away from it 
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: Theresa]
#496836
04/12/2007 22:20
04/12/2007 22:20
|
mistressmania
Unregistered
|
mistressmania
Unregistered
|
Mona, If your Mrs wants a yellow NA - without the Kevin accessories - I'll be parting with mine soon It also has the leather/air etc, but more miles at 101k. I've done 20k of those. I get a car allowance with work now, and the rules say that I have to drive a car that's no older than 5 years.  I can't justify having 2 cars, much as I've tried to convince myself, so if you're interested in procuring Meryl, my beloved yellow Peril, pm me. Nia
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#498476
07/12/2007 05:13
07/12/2007 05:13
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
Thanks for the tip pinin - I had to have a look as I was passing & had time on my hands. I'm sure it's a turbo model though? I know what you mean about the dodgy paint on the kit - the service history wasn't the most comprehensive I've ever seen either!  Thanks for the offer too Nia - I think your model would be a better example (from what I saw of it!) for the GF, but she has put on her sensible trousers & opted to stick in the Puma (with it's low miles & reasonable running costs) as she may have got carried away with the whole fiatcoupeturbo-ness of mine! I've hardly sold the idea to her with my constant spending & ownership paranoia - she hadn't seen the Coupe since her birthday in April!! Sorry to hear that you're going to have to sell Meryl though.  To get the thread back on track - the Porto 20v Turbo was back in the Coupe parking spot (yep, Coupe corner in Tesco Bangor!) - private plate NJC***. Is this on the N Wales list?  Porto girl from Bangor??
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: Theresa]
#499123
08/12/2007 09:16
08/12/2007 09:16
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347 North Wales
Theresa
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
|
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
|
R??? MAP Porto parked in the car park outside A&E at the local hospital at midnight tonight. Could well be staff and I've never had to park in that bit before, so have never noticed it. If it's staff, the owner has probably had a surprise to turn up in his/her usual spot and seen mine parked a couple of spaces away from it Saw the same one again tonight - must be staff  He/she had parked it next to me, when there's loads of room/other parking spaces, awwwww 
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: Theresa]
#505806
20/12/2007 01:27
20/12/2007 01:27
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
scotts green 20VT today in Llandudno by staples and then a spinty blue 20VT parked outside my house later!! hope you back ok Taff!!
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#506917
21/12/2007 19:50
21/12/2007 19:50
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
Spotted this morning on the roundabout near the Felinheli Bypass (Caernarfon side) a dark coloured Coupe giving it some towards Caernarfon itself (brave driving their Coupe like that in this weather!)
I couldn't tell what model or exact colour it was, as I was in traffic about 500 yards behind it - looked nice too - probably black or maybe dark blue. Any ideas who it was?
I went on to Caernarfon Town Centre & didn't see it there, so assumed it passed through somewhere.
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#508010
24/12/2007 20:23
24/12/2007 20:23
|
coupe_jay
Unregistered
|
coupe_jay
Unregistered
|
Yeah I've seen a late dark green 20v with the four spoke n/a wheels in tesco car park quite a lot recently, I wonder wether this replaced the red Llangoed one that was drunkardly stolen and driven into a wall 5 metres down the road?
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#514135
05/01/2008 04:28
05/01/2008 04:28
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
spotted a silver standard looking coupe on the A55 yesterday lunchtime near pentre halkin turnoff heading towards rhuallt hill
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#525507
20/01/2008 04:32
20/01/2008 04:32
|
mona
Unregistered
|
mona
Unregistered
|
Speed Red with bodykit on an S plate spotted in Queensferry tonight (about half seven) - near the KFC, not far fromt he A55. Not sure about the exact model - I was on a bus back from the Leeds game & a little bit "refreshed" - hic! 
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#525658
20/01/2008 18:00
20/01/2008 18:00
|
Tynhead
Unregistered
|
Tynhead
Unregistered
|
Lil' old me again visiting the KFC  Can you believe that was the first time I've been to KFC since I was about 12...mmm boneless box, won't be the last Martyn
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#525685
20/01/2008 18:50
20/01/2008 18:50
|
mona
Unregistered
|
mona
Unregistered
|
Looking good there Martyn - which body kit have you got on (it was dark!)? We were trying to find the Plough pub, and we took the wrong turning - must be fate! 
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#525715
20/01/2008 19:52
20/01/2008 19:52
|
Tynhead
Unregistered
|
Tynhead
Unregistered
|
Cheers.
Just standard LE skirts and stuff on mine. Wouldn't dare mess with the looks of an LE
Martyn
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#534423
02/02/2008 19:36
02/02/2008 19:36
|
Solouko
Unregistered
|
Solouko
Unregistered
|
I nearly crashed the other day trying to read the number plate of a red coupe in colwyn bay last week, all i saw were the distinctive back lights and also very distinctive silver rings around them, which made me think it was an LE... i've never seen on in person before hence the nearly crashing part =/
it was on my way up through the one way system up to colwyn heights.
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#534778
03/02/2008 16:21
03/02/2008 16:21
|
mona
Unregistered
|
mona
Unregistered
|
Saw an R plated Speed Red 20v Turbo going West on the A55 yesterday morning - same model as mine. Couldn't make out the rest of the plate - and it looked standard. From memory (and we'd started on the Stella's by then i.e. 10:30 a.m.!  , so a bit hazy  ) was in Flintshire area? Anyone on here?  I was on the Leeds supporters bus going to the game, so no chance of waving etc 
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#539894
11/02/2008 20:45
11/02/2008 20:45
|
mistressmania
Unregistered
|
mistressmania
Unregistered
|
Red ones everywhere!! Yesterday I saw a red one on the A51 (posted on the N.West bit) and another coming into Flint on the coast road at about 5pm. I was in a Pug estate coming back from a horsey event so I didn't wave!  Ooh and I almost forgot, a blue one was parked in the Halfway House at The Quay on the outward journey, probably about 11am ish... (I know it's a bit girly only mentioning colour, but I'd never remember a whole reg number, if I was quick enough to try and read it, and i didn't notice if they were turbo/NA's/16v's or 20v's cos they went past my sleepy eyes too quickly  )
Last edited by mistressmania; 11/02/2008 20:52. Reason: my rubbish memory...
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#547055
22/02/2008 03:51
22/02/2008 03:51
|
kay2
Unregistered
|
kay2
Unregistered
|
I nearly crashed the other day trying to read the number plate of a red coupe in colwyn bay last week, all i saw were the distinctive back lights and also very distinctive silver rings around them, which made me think it was an LE... i've never seen on in person before hence the nearly crashing part =/
it was on my way up through the one way system up to colwyn heights. that was mine fella, le no. 52
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#555785
05/03/2008 07:16
05/03/2008 07:16
|
coupe_jay
Unregistered
|
coupe_jay
Unregistered
|
porto 20v turbo parked outside tescos, I've seen it a couple of times *** NJC. Anyone on here? Looks very nice and tidy.
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#559632
10/03/2008 13:12
10/03/2008 13:12
|
suba
Unregistered
|
suba
Unregistered
|
Nice silver coop with a full zender kit (?) near Llandudno on DC - anyone? BTW - sorry could not resist the 3rd gear top end fly by! 
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#564081
15/03/2008 01:20
15/03/2008 01:20
|
Tynhead
Unregistered
|
Tynhead
Unregistered
|
About half a mile from my house, heading up from Ewloe to Drury on Wood Lane - sweet yellow coupe with black wheels, S###HNH. Really nice colour combination IMO  Martyn
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#571855
25/03/2008 03:15
25/03/2008 03:15
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
red one heading towards holyhead on the A55 about 5.15, just passing llanfair, i was the lunatic going towards bangor with all headlamps flashing at you but no response!!
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#571876
25/03/2008 03:44
25/03/2008 03:44
|
mona
Unregistered
|
mona
Unregistered
|
You should know me well enough by now Dave to know that it wasn't me  - could be one of the Holyhead red Coupes (there were about two there a couple of years ago)?  I never got a reaction from at least one of them when I drove past either.  Anyway, mine's back hidden in the garage as I run out the Audi's tax & insurance ..... 
|
|
|
Re: North Wales
[Re: ]
#571909
25/03/2008 04:18
25/03/2008 04:18
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
coupedave
Unregistered
|
.....and turn down the boost!!
|
|
|
|