Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Edinburgh, steakmince), 1,064 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,109
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,904
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766334
06/02/2009 11:00
06/02/2009 11:00

S
suba
Unregistered
suba
Unregistered
S



Anytime - but you'll find the na is nicer to drive around town. smile

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766335
06/02/2009 11:01
06/02/2009 11:01

T
Tartandude
Unregistered
Tartandude
Unregistered
T



Originally Posted by suba
Anytime - but you'll find the na is nicer to drive around town. smile


I have a turbo, but want the exhaust note of an NA love (Kevcrabs for instance) smile

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766340
06/02/2009 11:05
06/02/2009 11:05
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
Bit of a daft statement that really, I can't afford a ferrari atm, if i had the money id love one as i like the looks, engine note, pedigree/history etc but i would prefer a lamborghini, aston martin or pagani before a ferrari. I bought a coupe cuz ive liked the styling since i was at high school and have always wanted one, also, i cant think of a car that offers the looks, performance, kit, and value for money/fantastic owners club without spending a lot more.


I'll be back smile

Alor Blue Seat Leon FR 180 atm smile
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766344
06/02/2009 11:11
06/02/2009 11:11
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,671
Newport,south wales
B
Benny Offline
My life on the forum
Benny  Offline
My life on the forum
B

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,671
Newport,south wales
Originally Posted by JKD
Deep down all Fiat Coupe owners are Ferrari owner wannabes.


Mmmm, no rolleyes

I bought a fiat coupe because i liked it smile and when i could afford/insure one i bought one love

Are you sure you are not a ferrari wannabe laugh

Ben

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: Tommy_Coop23] #766346
06/02/2009 11:13
06/02/2009 11:13
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
Regarding the turbo comment, i am happy with my na as its still quick, has a fantastic engine note and is fairly hassle-free but would like the turbo as ive had two na's and i think the turbo has the performance to match the dramatic looks.


I'll be back smile

Alor Blue Seat Leon FR 180 atm smile
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: Tommy_Coop23] #766349
06/02/2009 11:16
06/02/2009 11:16

S
symonh2000
Unregistered
symonh2000
Unregistered
S



I would love a Ferrari.

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766351
06/02/2009 11:18
06/02/2009 11:18

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



The 20V NA engine note sounds a bit too nasal to me, but each to their own I guess... tongue

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766363
06/02/2009 11:31
06/02/2009 11:31
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Trappy Offline
Club member 7306
Trappy  Offline
Club member 7306
Forum is my life

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
I'm not a great fan of Ferraris. The only one I'd have is the 599GTB Fiorano. All the rest are a bit... crass for me.

Short of the big fezzer, and in order, I'd settle for;
Gallardo LP560-4
Noble M400
Noble M12 GTO 3R
and then a 20vT

There is nothing else I like out there, that springs to mind anyway. I do like some others but this short list is the best of them smile


F****** b****** thing...
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: Trappy] #766386
06/02/2009 11:57
06/02/2009 11:57

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



Come to think of it, neither a Ferrari nor a Lambo would be in my ultimate top 3 cars.

Zonda
Carrera GT
McLaren F1
Veyron

Or in my top 4!

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766387
06/02/2009 11:58
06/02/2009 11:58

V
Vickster
Unregistered
Vickster
Unregistered
V



Originally Posted by veggy
Deep down all non-turbo owners want a turbo - discuss. I do. I've never been in a turbo. When I get a terminal disease I'm going to ask if some kind soul will give me a ride in one


Nope, next...

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766408
06/02/2009 12:16
06/02/2009 12:16
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
id get a dodge viper gts coupe the original blue with white stripes model love http://www.modernracer.com/member/memberfeatures/carcutaways/dodgevipergtsinsidesthum.jpg hubba hubba. I prefer the na engine note but def prefer the turbo performance.


I'll be back smile

Alor Blue Seat Leon FR 180 atm smile
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: Tommy_Coop23] #766496
06/02/2009 13:36
06/02/2009 13:36

F
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
F



only a 599, after that it all goes a bit Maserati for me.

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766518
06/02/2009 13:56
06/02/2009 13:56

G
guy83
Unregistered
guy83
Unregistered
G



i had a lotus esprit.....was crap!
then bought a ferrari 348 and sold it for the same reason....got a 20vt and love it!!!!!

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766526
06/02/2009 14:13
06/02/2009 14:13

S
symonh2000
Unregistered
symonh2000
Unregistered
S



I like my TVR's too.

The trouble is although they are cheaper to buy than a ferrari, the running costs are not a lot different.

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766530
06/02/2009 14:14
06/02/2009 14:14
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
I think what everyone is saying basically is that you have to spend a hell of a lot more to beat the style, fun and value for money of a coupe and even then, they might still have a soft spot for the humble coupe smile


I'll be back smile

Alor Blue Seat Leon FR 180 atm smile
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: Tommy_Coop23] #766567
06/02/2009 14:45
06/02/2009 14:45

P
philiplazyjourno
Unregistered
philiplazyjourno
Unregistered
P



Deep down, or on the surface, I don't particularly want a Ferrari. If I had the money, it would go on something else.

Some of the older ones are incredibly cool, mind. Deep down, there are tens of other cars I'd rather have.

Like a Lancia Stratos. Or an Alfa 8C. Yes to Italian cars, not really Ferrari.

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766576
06/02/2009 14:51
06/02/2009 14:51
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
T
Tommy_Coop23 Offline
My life on the forum
Tommy_Coop23  Offline
My life on the forum
T

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,919
Stoke-on-Trent duck!
how could i forget the alfa 8c!!!?? like an art sculpture love love love love love


I'll be back smile

Alor Blue Seat Leon FR 180 atm smile
Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: Tommy_Coop23] #766627
06/02/2009 15:33
06/02/2009 15:33

S
symonh2000
Unregistered
symonh2000
Unregistered
S



I quite like the Maserati Gran Tourismo too. I think its pretty much the same as the Alfa 8C underneath. yum

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766632
06/02/2009 15:39
06/02/2009 15:39

S
Stuartl
Unregistered
Stuartl
Unregistered
S



Um, I have both.

Been a Ferrari fan all my life and bought the Ferrari long before the Coupe came along..


Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766793
06/02/2009 17:20
06/02/2009 17:20

S
spinus
Unregistered
spinus
Unregistered
S



old scool 80,s 911 for me i,m afraid

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766951
06/02/2009 19:58
06/02/2009 19:58

J
JIM16vt
Unregistered
JIM16vt
Unregistered
J



anyone would be happy to take you in there coup[at a meet i expect]

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766970
06/02/2009 20:22
06/02/2009 20:22

T
TRUNTER
Unregistered
TRUNTER
Unregistered
T



If I won the lottery I would definately buy a Ferrari. But I would never..repeat NEVER get rid of my coop. I'm too emotionally involved and totally besotted blush love

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766977
06/02/2009 20:32
06/02/2009 20:32

F
fellie
Unregistered
fellie
Unregistered
F



Originally Posted by JKD
Deep down all Fiat Coupe owners are Ferrari owner wannabes.


Nope .. no 5 pot turbo's in the Ferrari range laugh

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #766979
06/02/2009 20:34
06/02/2009 20:34

J
JIM16vt
Unregistered
JIM16vt
Unregistered
J



yea i would never part with my coupe,i love it and today i had my first problem abnd its getting to me.just want it fixed cry

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766983
06/02/2009 20:36
06/02/2009 20:36

A
Alastair
Unregistered
Alastair
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by JKD
Deep down all Fiat Coupe owners are Ferrari owner wannabes.

Discuss.


They are a bit common over here Ferrari's that is even my mechanic has one, wouldn't mind a spin in it though.

Bought the coupé because it was yellow laugh and looked fantastic and is the the only yellow one over here now.

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766984
06/02/2009 20:38
06/02/2009 20:38

J
JIM16vt
Unregistered
JIM16vt
Unregistered
J



iv got the only coupe[yellow or anyu other cioupe]in my secter too its good to have a car thats you dont see all the time.

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #766995
06/02/2009 20:48
06/02/2009 20:48

P
porkypaul
Unregistered
porkypaul
Unregistered
P



F40 or the Alfa 8C both i love

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #767043
06/02/2009 21:17
06/02/2009 21:17

K
karl_20VT
Unregistered
karl_20VT
Unregistered
K



Originally Posted by MattM
I reckon 90% of the population would like to own a ferrari


i am deffinately not in that 90%

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement [Re: ] #767055
06/02/2009 21:25
06/02/2009 21:25

G
Goonv8
Unregistered
Goonv8
Unregistered
G



I've got a Chevrolet Camaro 5.7. I like the Coupe cos its a coup. I drove a 355 once and hated it. I then drove a TVR Griffith 500 and adored it.

Re: I would like to make a controversial statement... [Re: ] #767061
06/02/2009 21:31
06/02/2009 21:31

M
madchester16
Unregistered
madchester16
Unregistered
M



I went for the coop cos I'd wanted one for about 10 years!

Had a couple of fiat Bravo's then finally had the cash (and no girlfriend at the time) to stop me buying the coop laugh

But given the cash, I'm a Lambo fan. I'd prefer a Reventon, Murcielago or a Gallardo over a Ferrari. Just love the Lambo looks love

Last edited by madchester16; 06/02/2009 21:31.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.018s Queries: 15 (0.010s) Memory: 0.7128 MB (Peak: 0.9227 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 09:01:24 UTC